- A new ensuite to the existing master bedroom
- A new main bathroom and laundry with guest powder room
- A new rear deck
- A new utility/study room
- All whilst maintaining 3 bedrooms
- Lowering and extending the larger living, dining and kitchen area — brought down these spaces closer to the lower level of the rear, well established garden and provided much higher ceilings.
- New rear deck — improved the connection to the garden with stairs that integrated into this outdoor space and other unsued outdoor areas to the rear of the existing garage with a BBQ and outdoor shower.
- Ensuite — improved amenity and space for the existing master bedroom.
- Strategic skylights — brought in light to the entrance and hallway.
All achieved designed around complying development code — which gave certainty to the design, speed of delivery and a reduction of authority fees.
Alteration & addition
Chifley NSW 2036
Randwick Council jurisdiction
Photographer: Estefania Turner
COMPLYING DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
Bronte Beach duplex with spacious attics
These duplex houses each has a lane-way access garage, separate from the main house, with an attic studio on top. Each of the main dwellings also has a large attic.
This was an unusual two stage approval process:
1. A Complying Development approval allowed the construction of the two semis with garage including its studio on top
2. A subsequent Development Application approved a large roof attic over each of the main dwellings.
Two new luxury duplex houses, each with: 2 levels plus an attic, 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and a garage with attic studio
Read Street, Bronte
Complying Development plus Development Application approval
Waverley Council jurisdiction
Photographer: Andrew Sheppard