The Hub at Lexington Place, Maroubra, providing free support to locals across a wide range of family services including health, housing, family support and childcare, is completed and was opened by Randwick Council today.
The facility, comprising two shopfronts refurbished as one, aims to empower its visitors by offering a calm and nurturing environment, designed to be secure, flexible and accessible.
It’s challenges were:
- Maximising planning efficiency to help small spaces fulfil their required function whilst being accessible.
- Accommodating one on one counselling rooms.
- Incorporating space for supported playgroups for children, therapeutic, education and learning groups and,
- Be welcoming and accessible to visitors whilst also offering them secure and safe spaces.
- A large multi-purpose education room with a retractable dividing wall giving the versatility for one space or two spaces to be used for workshops, seminars and child playgroups.
- Two comfortable consulting offices each with a sink and one with a patient bed designed to offer functionality for a variety of consultants.
- A kitchenette, Foodbank pantry and a computer wifi workstation with printing facilities for communal use.