Chifley connections with garden and light (complying development)
Alteration and addition to rebuild, extend, lower down and open up the existing living areas to the rear of the house. Also included:
- A new ensuite to the existing master bedroom
- A new main bathroom and laundry with guest powder room
- A new rear deck
- A new utility/study room
- All whilst maintaining 3 bedrooms
- Lowering and extending the larger living, dining and kitchen area — brought down these spaces closer to the lower level of the rear, well established garden and provided much higher ceilings.
- New rear deck — improved the connection to the garden with stairs that integrated into this outdoor space and other unsued outdoor areas to the rear of the existing garage with a BBQ and outdoor shower.
- Ensuite — improved amenity and space for the existing master bedroom.
- Strategic skylights — brought in light to the entrance and hallway.
All achieved designed around complying development code — which gave certainty to the design, speed of delivery and a reduction of authority fees.
Alteration & addition
Chifley NSW 2036
Randwick Council jurisdiction
Photographer: Estefania Turner
COMPLYING DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
Bronte Beach duplex with spacious attics
These duplex houses each has a lane-way access garage, separate from the main house, with an attic studio on top. Each of the main dwellings also has a large attic.
This was an unusual two stage approval process:
1. A Complying Development approval allowed the construction of the two semis with garage including its studio on top
2. A subsequent Development Application approved a large roof attic over each of the main dwellings.
Two new luxury duplex houses, each with: 2 levels plus an attic, 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and a garage with attic studio
Read Street, Bronte
Complying Development plus Development Application approval
Waverley Council jurisdiction
Photographer: Andrew Sheppard