Spacious duplex beach houses – Matraville
These duplex beach houses each have large living areas, surprising sunlight filled voids, and views to Malabar Beach and Little Bay.
As entertaining was a priority for these houses, the spacious living areas are central to the building’s indoor/outdoor relationship including a kitchen whose wraparound bar gives ready access to dining, deck and garden areas.
The master bedroom also enjoys these outdoor spaces from above on the quieter upper floor.
Being a large property on a sloping site, a challenge was getting light deep into the interiors. This has been overcome by strategically positioned windows and voids.
2 houses, each having 4 bedrooms and a large basement
Meehan Street, Matraville
Randwick City Council jurisdiction
Photographer: Mike Emery
SEE MORE DUPLEXES/DUAL OCCUPANCIES:
– Mosman Middle Harbour views duplex
– Northern lights for Maroubra duplex
– Bob-a-day Park Little Bay duplex in historical precinct
– Bronte Beach duplex with spacious attics
– Bondi subtle duplex with hidden attic
– Spacious duplex beach houses at Matraville
– Duplex home with swimming pool designed for the entertainer Chifley
– Extended family duplex Maroubra
– Large family duplex Canley Vale
– Waterside semis Maroubra
– Dual occupancy children’s retreat St Ives
ALTERATIONS AND ADDITIONS